Validation of energy-dispersive X-ray fluorescence procedure for determination of major and trace elements present in the cement based composites
MetadataShow full item record
Adjustment and subsequent validation of energy-dispersive X-ray fluorescence (ED-XRF) method for cement based binders with addition of mineral raw materials (fly ash, zeolite and bentonite) was conducted. Eighteen chemical elements present in the material composition were analyzed: ten major elements (Si, Al, Fe, Ca, Mg, S, Na, K, Ti, P) and eight trace elements (Cr, Zn, Cu, As, Ni, Pb, Sr, Mn). Thirty-five samples of either certified reference materials or reference materials of cement, fly ash and clay were utilized during adjustment and optimization of the investigated ED-XRF procedure. The method was consecutively validated in terms of selectivity, precision, working range, linearity, accuracy, robustness, limits of detection and quantification. Thirty-two samples in total, i.e. three certified reference materials and twenty-nine reference materials, were simultaneously analyzed by ED-XRF and inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES). Comparison of the outp...uts of monitored methods showed infinitesimally small differences, as correlation coefficients were extremely good (≈1), which highlighted ED-XRF as highly satiable alternative for ICP-OES for the chemical analysis of cement binders.
Keywords:Building materials / Coupled plasma / Fly ash / Multivariate analysis / Quantitative analysis
Source:Spectrochimica Acta - Part B Atomic Spectroscopy, 2019, 162, 105729-
- Elsevier B.V.
Funding / projects:
- info:eu-repo/grantAgreement/MESTD/Integrated and Interdisciplinary Research (IIR or III)/43009/RS// (RS-43009)
- info:eu-repo/grantAgreement/MESTD/Integrated and Interdisciplinary Research (IIR or III)/45008/RS// (RS-45008)
- info:eu-repo/grantAgreement/MESTD/Basic Research (BR or ON)/172057/RS// (RS-172057)
- Published version http://technorep.tmf.bg.ac.rs/handle/123456789/4097
- This is the peer-reviewed version of the following article: Mijatović N, Terzić A, Pezo L, Milicić L, Živojinović D. Validation of energy-dispersive X-ray fluorescence procedure for determination of major and trace elements present in the cement based composites. in Spectrochimica Acta Part B-Atomic Spectroscopy. 2019;162. doi:10.1016/j.sab.2019.105729
- Version of
- Version of